With the year coming to an end, its only right I make a post of appreciation to my readers for reading my blog and taking the time to engage with my previous and new posts.
Staying consistent with blogging this year as being a big challenge. Rounding up with university, losing motivation, dealing with personal issues and not finding purpose to it all, had an effect on my level of productivity.
To the people and subscribers who checked up on me during my one-month break from blogging and everything, I really appreciate you all and I need you to know I am very grateful and thankful for your love and support.
Also, I am genuinely appreciative to everyone who has in one way or the other contributed to the growth of kennysdiary since the first day we lunched.
finally, if you’re reading this, my premium content will be available for purchase in the second week of January 2021!!
kenny’s takeaway quote
“sometimes you just need a break to figure everything out”
There’s these exciting feelings that comes with the start of a new year. It always feels like it contains a lot of positivity and possibilities. There’s so much I am aiming to achieve in 2021 and in order for me to get it all done, I have to be purposeful about my plan for the new year in terms of setting goals that are achievable.
For this reason, I have made the decision to start defining my goals for the coming year as well as reflecting and evaluating on the success and failures of the current year 2020.
I had three major goals to achieve for this year 2020 and the first one was to successfully pass all my modules and graduate in 2020. I am happy to say that this goal was successfully achieved. I passed all my modules, and I am now a graduate.
My second major goal was to make sure I register my blog (kennysdiary.com), become the full owner, grow it, and monetise it. Again, I am happy to say that this goal was achieved, and I could not be prouder of myself.
My third major goal for the year was to start my phone case and eyelashes business. I am now so happy to let you all know that this business was established in 2020! My eyelashes are now distributed and can be purchased in your local beauty store!!! look out for (kenscollection).
In my opinion, planning for 2021 means that I have to set goals for the upcoming year and create resolutions that are realistic and can actually be accomplished.
Focusing on quality is one of the ways I have planned to achieve my goals for 2021. In other to focus on quality, I will be making sure I set effective daily routines and allow myself moment of reflections.
Another way I planned to achieve my goals for 2021 is to make sure I plan ahead. planning ahead means organising all activities for the first 6 month of 2021. For example, I will be adding studying, church and social life into my planning tool.
Whether you are planning alone or with a partner or family members, I will encourage you start a new year planning in order to remain organised and productive.
1. I’m a very sentimental person. I’ve always been the sibling/family member who keeps things for the longest. When I was growing up, one of my favourite things to keep was my old cloths and birthday cards. I’ve still got cards given to me 4 years ago in my drawer Lol! I just have this habit of keeping everything that I find sentimental. My favourite sentimental item at the moment, is the frame gifted to me by my mum for my 21st birthday. I like to keep everything I do documented and kept.
2. When I’m feeling down, I go through my photo albums. I always go through my photo album with a smile on my face. I love memories. It’s like a therapy to me. They remind you of the good times and gives you the confidence that better times are coming.
3. I’m an emotional person. Sometimes I try to hide my emotions because I don’t want to feel weak or vulnerable. The only reason I might come across as defensive is because I’m trying to express my emotions.
4. I don’t like people feeling sorry for me. I like it when people care about me, but one of the reasons I try not to open up is because I don’t want them feeling sorry for me. I believe that life happens to all of us. The good happens and the true grit to survive happens too. Also, when people say they feel sorry for someone, I feel like they are making whatever situation it is, looks even worse than it already is.
5. I find cleaning therapeutic. I enjoy cleaning when I’m stressed or when I’m angry and want to keep calm. Having a clean house allows me to tidy up my mind and brings me fresh ideas. Having a clean space makes me feel fresh, productive and happy!.